Prepare Your Child for A Brighter Future
Our tuition-free, non-profit public charter school provides a nurturing and intellectually challenging environment to high school students. Each of our students leave prepared for success in and after college. At Barack Obama Green Charter High School, we set high expectations for everyone—students, parents and staff alike—to foster the limitless potential of every student.
Let’s develop your child’s life skills, knowledge, and values together.
Enrollment Information for the Academic Year 2018-2019
The BOGCHS School is a public charter school that takes pride in serving the community with grades 9 through 12 for the 2018-2019 school year. Applications may be submitted online at www.obamagreencharter.org, and are due March 2nd, 2018 by 11:59p.m.
- Free tuition to all families. BOGCHS is a public high school that does not charge tuition.
- Open enrollment. As a public charter school, we are open to all students in New Jersey on a space-availability basis with preference given to students from Plainfield and siblings of currents students.
- Selection of students to enroll through a random lottery. The lottery will be held on March 9th, 2018. Results will be available in our website on March 12th, 2018.
Important Dates and Deadlines: Updated!
- March 14, 2018: Results available in our website
- March 23, 2018: New Student Registration 6pm-8pm
- March 27, 2018: Invitations begin for students placed on the waiting list, provided space is available
- April 9, 2018: Invitations begin for students placed on the waiting list, provided space is available
Please visit www.obamagreencharter.org, click on APPLY, followed by Online Application to begin application for the school year 2018-2019.
Enrollment paperwork required
- Birth Certificate
- Two (2) proofs of address (Utility bill, lease of apartment, etc)
- Registration and guidance/health packet (available at Main Office)
- A45 from previous school (original copy of both sides required)
- Current physical exam (every year while in school)
- IEP report (if applicable)
- Student transfer card (from previous school)
- Genesis report (from Board of Education)